Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy International Typewriter Day!




I was thinking about what I would do for Typewriter day and decided to take my 1941 Corona Zephyr out to the ballpark.  This little portable precursor to the Skyriter seemed like just the machine that a sports reporter would bring to the ballpark back in the day.  My ballpark of choice is the Recreation Field in Montpelier, VT which was constructed in 1940 and hosted the traveling teams of that era.  This ballpark currently is home field for the Vermont Mountaineers, a college league team.

One of the most enjoyable things I have found about collecting vintage typewriters is how excited the students at my school get about these machines!  I have one boy who is seriously into typewriters and already has an Olympia, a Smith-Corona and an Oliver in his collection.  The young lady in the photo is posing with the Galaxy 12 that her mom and dad gave her for her birthday.  They had come in to ask me to adjust the ribbon and posed for this Typewriter Day photo!

Whether your typewriter is "youngish" or "oldish," I wish you a very happy Typewriter Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment