Monday, December 21, 2015

Spreading Typewriter Joy


I am so glad that I decided to sell a few of my typewriters this Holiday Season.  They were nice machines to have for a while, but I felt it was time to let someone else enjoy them.  A man from a neighboring state asked if my Corona was still available as his little girl had given him a last minute request for a typewriter.  A few emails later and my machine was sent packing in a sea of bubble wrap.  Another gentleman called me from a nearby town asking to see my Royal.  His niece had lately become enthralled with typewriters.  Seeing these two machines go off to make two young typewriter enthusiasts happy feels great.  I'm certainly not running a typewriter shop out of the trunk of my car, but I can understand how Tom Furrier of Cambridge Typewriters must feel seeing machines leave his shop in the hands of new owners.  
~Happy Holidays to everyone who gives or receives a typewriter this season!~

No comments:

Post a Comment