Saturday, May 2, 2015

Trash to Treasure: My SM3

I have learned that it pays to let people know that you are collecting typewriters.  So that is why I asked the young lady who works at the trash depot if she ever came across any typewriters.  She said that she actually did have one at home and would bring it by- which was weeks and weeks ago.  Today my patience paid off when I dropped off my trash and she told me that she had that typewriter in her car.  I had pretty much already decided that I would buy whatever she had brought so it was a fantastic surprise to see that she had a beautiful SM3 in the trunk of her car.  I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said, "I don't know, make me an offer."  I said $10 and it was mine.  Ten bucks! I took it home and while I've only checked it out a bit, it seems in perfect shape.  Even the cool batmobile-like case is in great shape.  More to come for sure on this typer!

1 comment: