Friday, March 10, 2017

Guest Typewriter: Imperial Good Companion


The young typewriter collector at my school brought one of his latest acquisitions to my office today.  It was a machine I had not seen in person before, an Imperial Good Companion. With a serial number starting with a B, this model is from 1932.  I didn't get to type with it, but it is quite a looker.


In fact, it looks a lot like my Remington model 1 (or 2) but clearly the lineage is different as this article on the Portable Typewriters blog points out.  


The one thing this typewriter needs is a carriage return lever.  Please let me know if anyone in the typosphere has one to spare and I will let this young man's family know.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed a similarity when I first saw an Imperial Good Companion, and your side by side photo shows it nicely. The quest for a carriage return lever may leave you with adapting one from another brand/model of a small portable.

    ReplyDelete